About the Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development
The Queen Rania Foundation for Education and Development (QRF) aims to be the principal regional resource and incubator for new and innovative ideas and initiatives in education. Through research, program development, monitoring and impact evaluation, the QRF is leading the efforts to reform policy and practice in education, for both Jordanians and the large number of refugee children in Jordan. Our overarching goal is to improve opportunities for children and youth and to equip them with the knowledge, skills, and values that will empower them to excel in a fast-paced and competitive world.
We seek to develop or localize impactful, innovative, scalable and sustainable interventions that fit within a resilient, student-centered and tech-enabled educational model. Our pilot process for developing and testing interventions is laid out below. To date, we have five interventions in the feasibility study stage and plan to launch another six in 2018.
We are looking for an experienced evaluator to join our Impact Evaluation and Monitoring team. The candidate will be working on designing and conducting evaluations for QRF’s pilot interventions. This role will focus on using quantitative methods including randomized controlled trials. This role will suit someone with graduate-level training and advanced technical knowledge in experimental and quasi-experimental designs and econometric analysis. Additionally, knowledge and experience of process evaluations and qualitative approaches to evaluation will be a significant advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the technical delivery of quantitative impact evaluation projects using experimental or quasi-experimental methods
- Work across the full evaluation cycle including designing evaluations, designing sampling strategies, developing survey questionnaires, overseeing data collection, designing and carrying out econometric analysis, and disseminating results through written reports, briefing notes and presentations
- Contribute to the team’s intellectual capital development activities, including developing technical resources such as standardized approaches and tools
- Provide support and on-the-job learning to more junior team members, and deliver internal training
- Contribute to the team’s intellectual reputation development activities, including developing academic journal articles out of project work, presenting at academic conferences, and actively engaging with the impact evaluation community
Qualifications: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with a strong quantitative background required (economics, statistics, etc.)
Required skills & experience:
- Fluency working in Stata or R programming to conduct statistics and econometric analyses
- An understanding of quantitative impact evaluation methodologies (experimental and quasi-experimental designs including randomized controlled trials, propensity score matching, regression discontinuity, difference-in-difference and interrupted time series).
- An understanding of survey sampling methodologies
- Experience designing and/or reviewing of survey questionnaires
- Field experience in managing large-scale data collection activities or surveys
- Ability to write clearly
Preferred skills & experience:
- Experience working with donors
- Experience working in the Middle East
- Experience working in the education sector
- Experience developing intervention theory of change models
- Familiarity with process evaluations
- Familiarity with qualitative and mixed designs/methods
- Experience in developing and delivering training on quantitative impact evaluation methods
- Experience of project management, including the management of large project teams
Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in both Arabic and English
Please note: Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply